[Updated to include location info (and we have another model too)]
There will be no regular session in July but…
Regular sessions are usually on the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3 – 6pm BUT…*there will be no regular session in July.*
However, we’ll have
a special (free!) COMIC-CON POP-UP SESSION this Saturday July 11.
Deets are below.
COMIC-CON POP-UP SESSION
Saturday July 11
5 – 7pm
Convention Center stairs
between the entrances to Hall C & D
(see below for more info)
Drawing! Contests! Prizes!
Join us for a special Comic-Con inspired pop-up session – almost like a flash mob Dr. Sketchy’s style – and enjoy drawing and contests hosted by us. We’ll have also have prizes for the best costumes and gifts for art monkeys who bring their friends.
Important info and considerations…
- We will NOT be inside Comic-Con so you will not need a Comic-Con badge to join us…we will be “Comic-Con adjacent”
- Parking downtown will be heinous…consider:
-catching the trolley in
-getting dropped off via taxi, Uber, pedicab, friend, etc
-catching the Coronado ferry from Coronado across to the Convention Center
- Getting through downtown to us will be like a pilgrimage…plan to arrive by 4:30pm so you can get to us/find us by 5pm
- This is a surprise pop-up session – almost like a flash mob Dr. Sketchy’s style – so we will not have tables or chairs set up…consider bringing: an easel or clipboard for drawing and a cushion, blanket or fold up chair for sitting
- Since it is a pop-up session there will be no advance reservations and “seating” will be first come first served – get there early if you want a good spot
- The session will be outside so consider bringing:
-a parasol or umbrella
- Let’s make this the bestest pop-up session in history…
–invite your friends, family and co-workers to join us (it’s free after all) – we’ll have gifts for art monkeys who bring their friends!
-feel free to come in costume – we’ll have prizes for the best costumes
-help us spread the word – follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share, tweet and post about the session (@DrSketchySD, hashtag #DrSketchySD and #SDCC)
- Bring your sketchpads and drawing implements…but we’ll have basic art supplies (paper and pencils) if you don’t want to lug yours around
Location, location, location…
- The address of the Convention Center is:
111 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
- We’ll be on the Convention Center stairs between the entrances to Hall C and D. Here’s a photo of our location:
- Note the “No Comic Con Access” sign – if for some reason, we need to move our pop-session from these stairs, we’ll leave a note on the back of this sign with the new location info. We don’t foresee there being any issues but we have a plan B, just in case.
- Here’s another photo of what it’ll look like with people:
- And to help you find us, you can find a video of the location and what’s around it here
P.S. Mark your calendars for our next regular session: Saturday August 15 from 3 – 6pm. And remember you don’t have to wait for one of our public sessions – you can always book your very own session. Find out more here.